am/ is/ are
- Can you close the window, please? I` m cold.
- I` m 32 years old. My sister is 29.
- My brother is a policement. He` s very tall.
- John is afraid of dogs.
- It` s 10 o`clock. You` re late again.
- Ann and I are very good friends.
- My shoes are very dirty. I must clean them.
- I` m tired but I` m not hungry.
- Tom isn`t interested in politics.
- Jane isn`t at home at the moment. She` s at work.
- Those people aren`t English. They` re Australian.
That` s = that is There` s = there is Here` s = here is
- Thank you. That`s very kind of you.
- Look! There`s George.
am/ is/ are Questions
- Is your mother at home? No, she`s out.
- Is it cold in your room? Yes, a little.
- Those shoes are nice. Are they new?
- Are books expensive in your country?
- How old is Joe? He`s 24.
- What colour is your car? It`s blue.
- Where are you from? Canada.
- How much are these postcards? They`re 40 pence each.
what `s = what is who` s = who is how` s = how is where` s = where is
- What`s the time?
- Where`s Jill?
- Who`s that man?
- How`s your father?
short answer - positive
short answer - negative
- Are you tired? Yes, I am.
- Are you hungry? No, I`m not but I`m thirsty.
- Is he English? Yes, he is.
- Is Ann at work today? No, she isn`t.
- Is this seat free? Yes, it is.
- Are these your shoes? Yes, they are.
- Am I late? No, you aren`t.